Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Azumanga Riffs #1.5 - Original Good Luck Charlie Script

Hey there guys! It's Azu here and after a long while, I finally decided to get back into riffing stories though I can't guarantee that these riffs will be uploaded regularly. For those who are unfamiliar, riffs are basically where someone takes a story and comments on it every once in awhile. These comments can be jokes or pointing out strengths or weaknesses with the story. I originally starting riffing stories on the blog section of the Creepypasta wiki. However, riffs became over saturated on there and the admins decided to blacklist riffs in order to solve the problem. In other words, you can no longer post riffs on the Creepypasta wiki and if you want to riff on a story, you'll have to upload it to another site like WordPress, Blogger, Deviantart, and other similar sites.

Anyway, the story I'm riffing on today is a lost episode pasta called Original Good Luck Charlie Script. This riff was written a long time ago and I wanted to finish it but I recently discovered that the pasta has been removed from the wiki. Since I can't seem to find a full copy of the story right now, I just show you what I have so far.

This, sadly enough, is real. 

Azu: Or is it?! DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!

In 2010, Disney Channel came out with a show by the name of Good Luck Charlie. It became popular fast and is big with pre-teens and young children. It had very bland humor, but they seemed to like it. 

(Narrator): Especially the episode with the lesbian couple!

But what you may not know is that the show was originally written with a much darker premise.

Azu: Because Plot!

It was 2006, and I had finished with my 3–4 years of college and received my major in Screenwriting/Television Production. I was very anxious to get my name out there so I could begin a hopefully lifelong career. I applied for jobs at places like Nickelodeon Studios, Orlando, and WGN, but I was rejected from several places.

(Narrator): Maybe I should stop sending them my Pokemon fanfiction.

A little while after that, I got a call.

(Narrator): The person on the other end was unfortunately Fran Drescher!

It was from Disney Channel Studios in Burbank, CA. They called and informed me that they had an internship opening if I was interested.

Azu: A protagonist as an intern in a Lost Episode pasta?! Woah man! This pasta's packing some originality!

I was upset that it was all they wanted me for, but I agreed, realizing it was an OK start. Hey, it could've been worse right? Nope. They hired me and I came out to Cali to start my new job.

(Narrator): Sadly, It took me four hours to get to my job. Damn you traffic!

I was the 3rd floor intern to the company's CEO, he was demanding but hardly around, so it was easier than I expected.

(Narrator): I breathed a sigh of relief knowing the CEO wasn't as hard to defeat as (Insert hardest video game boss here).

Sometime after I'd been hired, I heard that they had to start preparing new shows, due to the fact that Miley and the Suite Life kids were growing up and would soon stop being interested in doing children shows. They needed a backup plan to fall back on.

(Narrator): That plan would be to make a show about Deadpool fighting crime alongside his lazer shooting puppy!

Disney had called out some of the best producers to create Disney's next pointless television show. I was excited to hear this!

Azu: Nice shift of emotions there!

For a little while I thought this could be my big chance to prove myself as a writer. I wanted to make myself a name but I just didn't know how. So I gave it up and went back to my lowly internship.

Azu: You know, with lines like this, it's no wonder why the protagonist's determination makes them so likable!

In mid January of 2008, I was fetching coffee for my dictator of a boss when I noticed an open door with a do not disturb sign on it.

Azu: Ladies and Gents! It's time to play... What's The Next Scene?! So with the event described here, what do you think the protagonist will do next? Will they... A) Go into the room and get their ass handed to them by Spider-Man? B) Have their soul sucked out by Adam Sandler's ghost? or C) Ignore the sign and enter anyway? If you answered "C"... Good for you!

There was a waiting room and then a main conference room, I stood in the waiting room listening quietly against the door.

(Narrator): I stood there uncomfortably as I listened to the sound of whales mating.

As it would turn out, it was a private meeting consisting of about 25 people. I wondered what they were there for so I continued to pay attention.

(Narrator): It seems as though they were reenacting that scene from Hot Fuzz where everyone says the line "The greater good!"

A stout women stood up and announced that the pitches would continue after a short recess. "So that was it, the writers had come to pitch the new sitcom!" I thought. But then I was screwed because I'd be caught. They began to exit the room one by one, I hid in the room's bathroom.

Azu: Room's bathroom? Hmm... Awkward wording or something more?

Well ladies and gentlemen, this as far as I have gotten in the riff. This is the part where I give my final thoughts on the story and say if it was overall good or bad or in between. However, because I only partially riffed on the story, I don't know if I can fairly judge the whole story. I will say this though.

This story doesn't seem to have a very good start since it basically takes things that have already been done a million times before in other lost episode pastas, such as being an intern at a media studio, and barely does anything new with it. Maybe it gets better in the second or third half but honestly, until I find the full version of story, I guess it will remain a mystery. Until next time ladies and gentlemen, this has been AzumangaDaiohFan signing out!

By the way, if you want to read my first riff, here are the links to all three parts of that riff:

1. http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:TheAzumangaDaiohFan/Azu_Riffs:_Rap_Rat_3/8/15

2. http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:TheAzumangaDaiohFan/Azu_Riffs:_Rap_Rat_(Part_2)_3/10/15

3. http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:TheAzumangaDaiohFan/Azu_Riffs:_Rap_Rat_(Part_3)_3/23/15

No comments:

Post a Comment